Last Wednesday, Adam Silver, NBA commissioner, announced some significant NBA rule changes. What are the changes about? How could the rule changes affect NBA 2K18? So let’s discuss.
Trade Deadline Moved Up
For next season, the trade deadline is moving up to the Thursday
10 days prior to Sunday’s All-Star Game in 2018, the All-Star Game will be on
Feb. 18 in Los Angeles and the trade deadline will be Feb. 8. In NBA 2K18’s MyGM Mode,
it doesn’t mean a lot, it will just come earlier than usually.
The major goal of the Competition Committee is to smooth out the
flow of games, here are the modified timeout rules that is set to go effect for
• Teams will only get 14 total timeouts, with no restrictions
• Both “full” and “20-second” timeouts have been
replaced by team timeouts, all team timeouts will be 75
• There will be two mandatory timeouts in all four
periods, mandatory timeouts will take place after the first stoppage under
the seven- and three-minute marks.
• The under-nine-minute mandatory timeouts in the second and
fourth periods will be eliminated.
• Each team can enter the fourth period with up to four team
• Each team will be limited to two team timeouts after the later
of (i) the three-minute mark of the fourth period or (ii) the resumption of
play after the second mandatory timeout of the fourth period.
• Previously, each team has three timeouts per overtime period.
But for the next season, there will be two.
• If a free throw shooter venturing beyond the three-point line
between attempts, it will be assessed as a delay-of-game violation.
• Halftime will last 15 minutes for all
games, beginning immediately upon expiration of the second period. If
a team is not ready to start play at the expiration of the halftime clock, a
delay-of-game penalty will be issued. Click for more: https://www.mmogah.com/news/nba-2k18/how-nba-2k18-will-be-affected-by-the-new-nba-rule-changes